The name "Surajkund Mela" named because of "Surajkund" area, Surajkund is the location which is situated in Faridabad Haryana, which is 8 km far from South Delhi. Surajkund Mela is famous for hand made crafts of different-different Indian states. This Mela always organised by Haryana Tourism Department every year in the month of February for first fifteen days. The beauty of this Craft Mela is the originality of Indian culture which create a rural ambiance, which attract tourist. Surajkund Crafts Mela that showcases the authentic flavors & fragrances of rich Indian cuisines.
It become International Craft Mela, where crafts-person of another countries, shows their crafts, where buyer directly reach to seller, where stone and wood carvers, metal workers, folk painters, embroiders, tie dye crafts-persons, textiles printers, lace makers, producers of silk fabrics, carpet and loom weavers, sculptors and jewelers execute and display their Crafts Skills.
- Complete showcase of Rural Ambience.
- Folk Culture and dances.
- Hand Made Crafts like Painting, carpentry.
- Finest handicraft and handloom traditions of the country.
- Near to Badkal Lake, Aravalli hills.
- Open-air theater called Natyashala or chaupal is very popular among the people, where folk cultures or dances are performed by artists.
About 28th Surajkund International Crafts Mela, 2014
- State Theme: Goa
- Partner Nation: Sri Lanka
- Date: 1st - 15th February, 2014.
- Time: 09:30 - 19:00 IST
- Entry: By Ticket (Rs-70 for adult), you can get it from ticket counter at mela complex or by online (Website:www.haryanatourism.gov.in) with 10% discount.
How to Reach
Transportation facilities are very good by the Haryana Transport during Period of Mela. You can reach there by Air, Rail, Road, Metro.
- Air: Nearest Airport IGI.
- Rail: Nearest Railway Station "Faridabad" and "New Delhi".
- Road: Old Faridabad Chowk (Rajiv Chowk) or Badkal Mod Chowk which is 12 km far from Badarpur (Delhi-Haryana Boder).
- Metro: NHPC Metro Station via 'Badarpur Metro Station'.