Surajkund Mela in Faridabad is a Heaven for Handicrafts' Lovers
A squish of colors, beat of drum hits, and delight de-vivre combine at Surajkund Mela 2020 in Faridabad, Haryana, through the first fortnight of every February. The draperies go up on the celebrated yearly Surajkund Worldwide Crafts Festival from 2nd February forwards, a carnival of Indian folk ethnicities, and cultural inheritance.
Reside in a place of pride on the global traveler calendar, more than a million people throng the Mela throughout the fortnight, counting thousands of foreign travelers. The Surajkund Mela 2020 theme is exclusive as it showcases the lushness and variety of the craft, handlooms, and decorative fabric of India, and is the biggest crafts fair in the world.
Theme State & Partner Country of Surajkund Mela 2020
Every year one novel country gets odd to be the partner state for Surajkund international Crafts Mela plus this time it will be followed & revealed by the Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Travel. For the 33rd Surajkund Global Crafts Mela-2019, the national of Maharashtra has been selected to be the Theme State.
Surajkund Mela 2020 Dates
The celebrations last a fortnight from about 1st to the 17th of February, attracting visitors to customary folk dances, melodic shows, as well as even puppet skits.
Surajkund Mela 2020 Ticket Price:
The Surajkund mela ticket Price: INR 100 - INR 150
Surajkund mela Timings:
The Surajkund mela Timings is open from 9:30 AM to 7:00 PM daily
How to Reach Surajkund Mela
The nearby metro station toward Surajkund Mela is the Badarpur Metro Station and, badarpur metro station to surajkund mela distance is appox 4.2 KM. The close Airport is in Delhi. The compound is 35 minutes' drive from the Indira Gandhi International Airport plus 25 km from Palam Airport
Things to do in Surajkund Mela 2020:
- You arrive in a world of colors, artistries, dance and singing, delicious ethnic cookeries, and total pleasure. You could safely gamble on having extraordinary experiences every day. The first thing that you notice while you go to the Mela is the rides. The Ferris wheels plus the merry go rounds would tug at the kid within plus soon; you will discover yourself joining in!
- The second object you notice is the aroma of all the cookeries that are being set and sold. Following a theme, which signifies a specific state of India, the food too highpoints that state but is not limited to it. Finally, with a country as diverse as India, you could not expect the biggest fair to not highpoint the mouthwatering cookeries of the country!
- Wandering around the Surajkund Mela Chaupal, you derive to the artisan segment, and you are in for a treat through all means! Rows of vibrant Surajkund craft Mela 2020 and pottery recap you of your youth and, at the same time, inspire you to choose up some of the excellent masterpieces. That is not all; you could browse over the fair for items similar to furniture, sarees, carpets plus a lot more!
- The cultural mixture does not finish here as you moreover, get to trip the culture, plus crafts of additional parts of the world. All the walking about makes one starving, and income all the delightful food stalls toward the rescue! Do not sacrifice the desserts, mainly the jaleba, a more prominent form of jalebis.
Places to visit near or around Surajkund Mela
- Surajkund Lake: One of the maximum attractive places to visit in Faridabad is the 10th era reservoir Surajkund, which means Lake of the Sun. The lake was constructed by the Tomar dynasty sovereign Suraj Pal, who was a passionate devotee of Lord Sun and henceforth built a Sun temple (in ruins now) on its western bank separately from an orchard plus a pool.
- Badkhal Lake: Badkhal Lake was once a widespread fun spot wherever visitors could relish picnicking, boating, bird watching, etc., which though is now likely only through the monsoon season while the rainwater fills up the dried-up lake. Atypically, the lake comes its name from the Persian word Bedkhal which means somewhat that is far from involvement, though, due to unchecked mining stuffs deteriorated plus the lake dried up.
- Leisure Valley Park: Wrapped by impressive Aravalli Hills, this broad acre of foliage is a perfect spot to take that much-required break, away from the annoying city chaos. If you are planning a voyage on Leisure Valley on weekends, make sure you start early as it remains full of tourists and locals all over the day! A must visit the place by way of your family and friends.
- Charminar in Surajkund: The replica of the well-known Charminar from Hyderabad captures the soul of Andhra Pradesh. The structure created adds toward the charm of Surajkund, plus is a neatly performed replica.
Hotels near Surajkund Mela
- Vivanta by Taj: Vivanta by Taj at Surajkund is the most exquisite getaway plus a convention Centre situated just a few minutes' drives from the busy commercial and housing areas of South Delhi, overlooking the entrance gate of the Surajkund Lake Compound at Faridabad.
- Goldfinch Hotel: The possessions are well-maintained plus offer a host of the suitability of comforts essential for an enjoyable stay. There will an attendant accessible at hand for guests to help through their stay. A few of the facilities available contain drinking water, television, air-conditioner, separate seating region, attached bathroom plus hot water supply.
Features of Surajkund Mela
- CCTV Cameras installed in the Mela ground along with the Night Vision Cameras
- ATM Facilities will be there
- Ban on the plastic/polythene bags
- Buy online tickets
- The Food Court
- Amusement and adventure activities
How to reach Surajkund Mela by metro?
The finest way to reach Suraj Kund Mela is over a metro. You could reach this place through taking a cab otherwise even by bus
How to book a tickets in Surajkund Mela 2020?
Easy to book Surajkund Mela tickets online and open to visitors from 10.30 am to 8.30 pm
What are the facilities in Surajkund Mela?
The Surajkund craft Mela comes up with exclusive facilities like 24hours ATM, Foodcourt and adventure activities, and many more